Last Updated: 11/29/2022
Outhire Inc. (“Outhire”, “we”, “us”, “our”), a Canadian registered company, is committed to protecting your privacy. We make our website, www.outhire.ca (“Website”), available to you, together with our portal (“Platform”) and other recruitment, interview, and talent matching services as further described and made available on our Website (collectively with Website and Platform, the “Services”).
Information You Provide Us
You may give us Information by:
- Using the Services as a Customer. As a Customer, or agent or employee of a Customer, you may provide us with certain Personal Information when you sign up for or use the Services, or when we have audio or video calls with you. The type of Personal Information collected includes your name, company email address, phone number, payment or billing information, Outhire account username and password, any Personal Information you disclose to us via email, and any Personal Information you disclose to us or to Candidates via during audio or video calls.
- Using the Services as a Candidate. As a Candidate, you may provide us with Personal Information when you sign up for or use the Services, when you link social media profiles (ie LinkedIn) with your Outhire account, when you have audio or video calls with us, or when you submit a video recording to us to build your Outhire digital profile. The type of Personal Information collected includes your name, email address, phone number, Outhire account username and password, address, personal identification documents, your references and any Personal Information about them that you provide to us, Personal Information you disclose to us via email, during audio or video calls, or in in video recordings you submit to us, any photos you submit to us, any Personal Information you make available to us in your LinkedIn profile (if you choose to link your LinkedIn profile through Outhire), any Personal Information in your resume; and any Personal Information in your transcripts.
- Using the contact form on our Website. You may submit feedback, consultation requests, comments, questions or requests to be contacted by Outhire via the Website (“Feedback”). The types of Personal Information collected includes your name; email address; phone number; and Personal Information in any comments that you disclose to us.
- Supplying us with goods or services. If you are a supplier of Outhire, the information we collect from you includes a contact name; email address; business address; and telephone number.
- Applying to work with us. If you apply for a job with us, the Personal Information collected includes your name; email address; phone number; address; your references and any Personal Information about them that you provide to us; information you disclose to us via email, during audio or video calls, or in in video recordings you submit to us; any photos you submit to us; information you make available to us in your LinkedIn profile; your resume; and your transcripts.
- Using Outhire’s professional services. If you engage Outhire to perform development work or other one-time services, the Personal Information collected includes your name, email address, phone number, address and billing and payment information.
If you submit your resume to us, we ask you to only include information relevant to the position you’re applying for, and your employment history and education (including, without limitation, certifications and/or degrees obtained, previous work experience, relevant awards, etc). If you submit Feedback, video or audio recordings, or any other materials to us in connection with your use of the Services, we ask that you do not disclose sensitive Personal Information (including, without limitation, gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, etc) in your submitted materials.
Information We Collect From Your Use of the Outhire Services
Outhire may collect certain information when you use the Services, such as internet protocol addresses. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems, to administer our Website and to improve the quality of the Services.
We also use tracking technologies, such as beacons, scripts and tags. These technologies are used by us to analyze trends, such as Website user navigation and inputs on the Services, and to gather statistical information about our Website visitors and Services userbase. This information will be kept confidential but aggregate and anonymized statistics that do not personally identify an individual may be made available to third parties we engage to provide the Services. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our third-party partners on an individual and aggregated basis. The different browser you can use to access the Services may offer its own management tools for removing these types of tracking technologies, but please note that if you disable some or all of these tracking technologies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of the Services.
How We Use Information We Collect
We may use information we collect in the following ways:
- To administer and improve our Services;
- To provide you with the services or development work you request;
- To set up employer or candidate accounts on the Platform, as applicable;
- To develop Candidates’ Outhire digital profiles;
- To send Candidates job opportunities that may be of interest to the particular Candidate;
- To administer human resource services for Customers, such as background checks for Candidates and putting together employment offers for Candidates;
- To match Customers with Candidates, set up and conduct interviews, and provide feedback;
- To deliver information about our products and Services, offers, promotions, reports and other information that may be of interest to you, where you have subscribed to receive them;
- For internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, and security purposes;
- For compiling market trends, statistics and assessments; and
- To meet our legal obligations.
Who We Share Your Information With
We may share your Personal Information with third parties, such as our selected business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors, or the performance of any of our contractual obligations. These third parties may include our web hosting providers and our IT service providers.
We have put in place contractual and other organizational safeguards with our sub-processors to provide a reasonable level of security and protection for your Personal Information. Our sub-contractors may have limited access to Personal Information solely for the purpose of helping us to improve the Services and they will be subject to contractual restrictions prohibiting them from using such Personal Information for any other purpose.
In addition, we may disclose your Personal Information to third parties without your consent:
- If we have reason to believe that disclosing this Personal Information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other Services users, or anyone else (including the rights or property of anyone else) that could be harmed by such activities; or
- If we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required by and in accordance with the law.
Our servers and those of our sub-processors are located in Canada and/or the United States and accordingly your Personal Information may be available to the Canadian or United States governments or their agencies under a lawful order, irrespective of the safeguards we have put in place for the protection of your Personal Information.
Data Retention and Deletion
Access and Accuracy
You have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you in order to verify the Personal Information we have collected in respect to you and to have a general account of our uses of that Personal Information. Upon receipt of your written request, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information although in certain limited circumstances, we may not be able to make all relevant Personal Information available to you, such as where that Personal Information also pertains to another individual. In such circumstances we will provide reasons for the denial to you upon request. We will try to deal with all requests for access and modifications in a timely manner.
We will make every reasonable effort to keep your Personal Information accurate and up-to-date, and we will provide you with mechanisms to update, correct, delete or add to your Personal Information as appropriate. As appropriate, this amended Personal Information will be transmitted to those parties to which we are permitted to disclose your Personal Information. Having accurate Personal Information about you enables us to give you the best possible service.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain your Personal Information in a secure environment. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps designed to protect Personal Information that you provide to us. We have implemented procedures designed to limit the dissemination of your Personal Information to only such designated staff, third parties and sub-contractors as are reasonably necessary to carry out the stated purposes we have communicated to you. You are also responsible for helping to protect the security of your Personal Information. For instance, never give out your Services account information or password to third parties.
Name: Tony Kwok
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org